Old 05-29-2017, 03:33 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cindi View Post
Patski, mine was delivered a couple of weeks ago, and was taught that you go around three times, not two.
Cindi, I have found that to be a preference. True, Innova now recommends wrapping 3X around tension assembly, but when I got my machine I was trained and my manual indicates 2X. I have tried both ways and found I do better with only 2 wraps. Congrats on your new machine!

Also to the OP when I have issues with my thread breaking as opposed to shredding. Breaking to me is when the thread snaps and the back lash will often unthread the top all the way to the needle bar eyelet. Anyway every time I have had that kind of break the thread was hanging up along the thread path somewhere. Once, I forgot to snap shut the little ring that some brands have along the bottom to hold the thread in place when storing. Anyway the thread had pooled around there and wrapped tight. Another time I thought I had it taut the entire thread path but it was too slack somewhere and when I pulled it through it hung up on one of the screws along the neck of the machine. I didn't realize until I started quilting and suddenly - snap!