View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 03:56 PM
tscweaves

Originally Posted by Mickey2 View Post
Congratulations. You certainly found a sought after model, and in very nice condition too. I see the previous owner made clothes and added a buttonholer to the lot of accessories. What is the flat curved bit with three holes? As I'm sure you know, they need a few rounds of oiling and cleaning if they recently came out of longtime storage. With new clean oil ages of grime and dirt will dissolve and it takes a few turns with oiling and wiping off to flush it out. Yours looks like it might have been kept in better shapen all along though. A very nice find :- )
It is in very nice shape. I received it from the granddaughter of the woman who originally purchased it new. She said her grandmother sewed a lot on it but her mother never used it, and she couldn't get the hang of treadling. It has always be kept inside in a controlled environment and that makes such a difference with these vintage machines. There is honest wear and pin rash on the machine but that is okay with me. I plan on using it, it is not a showpiece.

I am not sure what the curved piece is. There was nothing in the manual and it was just in the box with the attachments. It is always a surprise what is in the drawers on these cabinets. These had zippers, all kinds of needles, pearl snaps, and a Singer 66 redeye manual.