View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 07:03 AM
Maride

My middle child, Jorge, has been getting ready to participate in our regional Science olympiads for months. staying after school and working really hard. He was participating on 3 events. The competition was yesterday at a college campus two hours away. He left at 5:00am. I didn't hear from him all day long. I was getting a little worried since he is only 16, but not too much because he is used to be away from home after being in Australia for 20 days when he was only 14. I finally texted him and he answered back saying he didn't want to talk about it. My heart sank and I was planning some encouragement words for him. I picked him up later from school and he didn't look upset because he had a great time and a good learning experience. We got home and he called his father to the dinning room and said he got something for all of us. He looked in his backpack and didn't find it. He said: It must be in my jacket. Removed his jacket and there were hanging from his neck, three gold medals. He scored first on all his events. The youngest student in his physics class and the first ever in his school to achieve first place in 3 events. I am such a proud mother.
Thanks for reading.

Maria