View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 12:29 PM
DollyDot'sDaught

Default Quilting newbie here with lots to learn

Hiddey! I'm excited to find this forum. My mom (in-law,though she was more than a mom to me) quilted. We did a tiny bit of work together as I worked on a quilt top out of my daughter's clothes at the same time that she was working on her own, all while we talked on the phone with one another. However, I never did anything more with the top I pieced.

We lost her a few months ago. So I am trying to pick up her wonderful skill. I am now making my first quilt on my own, a baby quilt for my future grandson. I really want to use her shirts for my labels. The thing is, her shirts are all dark t-shirts. I need a way to get the info to show up on it. I am fine with just writing it on with a white paint pen, but I haven't had any luck researching a good one. If anyone has any ideas, please share. And if I need to put this in a different location in the forum, let me know that too, please.

Though I have only looked around on here for a little bit, I really love the conversations and open arms I've witnessed so far.

Also a Kentucky girl.