Old 05-31-2017, 05:44 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

Default Interesting concept about our energy levels.

I was at dinner with friends last night and since we are all 50 + years old, we started talking about our energy levels and how much we can accomplish in a day now compared to when we were younger. One woman said she saw a video about our energy being compared to 10 spoons. She said that each morning you have 10 spoons of energy given to you. If you decide to paint your living room and clean it up in one day, that will most likely take all 10 spoons of energy. If you decide to do some laundry, vac the floors, dust the house and straighten up the quilt room, then that might take 9 or 10 (depending on how bad that quilt room looks). The idea is that each day we need to not use up any more than 10 spoons of energy. We need to be realistic about what we do so we do not wear ourselves out. My DH and I have talked a great deal about this lately and kind of follow this idea too. Each morning we discuss what we want to do and what is possible. We don't accomplish even half of what we did when we were in our 20's and 30's but that's OK, we do have a nice clean house and our yard looks nice. We work hard for a few days and then we have some fun or just lay back and read books. This thread is mainly for older people but I think even younger people can relate to their parent's energy levels as they get older. I am 71 and DH is 76. We still do a great deal of work, far more than any of my friends in their 60's so that shows that the energy in those 10 spoons is not the same for everyone.