Old 05-31-2017, 04:34 PM
Wonnie

Aside from illness, when working there were always daily events, little "excitements" if you will, that kept us moving along, getting ready for work, dealing with traffic, time schedules, project deadlines, meetings, reports, etc. then, hurry home to fix supper, get ready for whatever evening events you had planned and so on. Always goals to be made and met. And then,.............you retire.........if single, your time is your own........you get back into your quilting, sewing, all kinds of sit-down activitiies that you never had time for when you were working and raising a family and.........it becomes just TOO easy to just.......sit there.....content......warm....quilt rack up....TV on.....and it doesn't take long at all for your energy level to dissipate. ....and your hips to spread. Walking was always my thing.....LOVED it!......but, I've sat so long being content that when my son says, "This is a gorgeous park. Let's go for a little walk" I offer as much resisitance as a 5 yr. old being told they had to eat their spinach or they couldn't go outside. I'll be 80 in a couple of months and, even though I know there is energy loss as you grow older, for myself, I feel that I have to accept part of the blame. Spent all my working and child rearing years being highly goal oriented but then, when I retired, I failed to set any goals for myself except to enjoy each day doing the things I couldn't before.