View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 04:58 PM
Jan in VA

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by marge954 View Post
We've been sleeping on our latex mattress about four weeks and here's the good and bad:......
I just ordered my new Dromma bed on Tuesday for delivery on or about June 30. I paid $649 for the full size, a $100 discount for the month of May with no additional add-on purchases or 'gimmes'.
My new platform bed has slats less than 3 inches apart, perfect for this mattress "to breathe".

I chose a medium soft (other choice is medium firm) after discussion with the customer service. I have 200 nights to decide if I need to change firmness or give up the mattress. Any time before then I can call them for pick up -- no stuffing it back in the box, no going to the shipping place with it, no paying for return fees -- they come get it, ship me the new firmness or...) and GIVE it to a local charity. I would get a full refund! Can not beat that with a stick!
The cover on the Dromma bed is removable and washable, so it's obvious they mean for it to be removed occasionally and have designed it for such.
The Dromma bed is engineered with a "cooling layer" to take care of the "warm sleeping problem" of most other foam mattresses. I'm looking forward to that. I usually use a heavy weight flannel mattress pad (but it's a queen and my new bed will be a full) so we'll see if I still feel I'll need it. That will take a bit of sewing modification.

I'm so sorry this mattress buying has been such an experience for you, but it's great you have found a solution that works for you. I'll give a review a few weeks after my own mattress arrives; probably hear from me near the end of July. I'm getting excited to have a new bed!!

Jan in VA