View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 08:33 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Sewbizgirl, are you adjusting the Patches for Life pattern for 2.5 inch squares? Or are you cutting them down to two inches? I hate making adjustments to patterns. I get all tangled up and end up with something I did not plan on. Tee-Hee-Hee! That pattern looks like it would use a "PILE" of squares. Good choice.
639, to be exact! I didn't use a pattern so there was no pattern to adjust... Just sewed 9 candies together and measured to see that they were 6.5" blocks. So I made all the HSTs and V blocks 6.5" also and everything came out fine.

I got it put together the other day... all I bought was the red calico which was a Keepsake Calico from JoAnn's. I knew it was going to work the minute I saw it. This is a BIG bed quilt. Full size, if not queen.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573987[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573989[/ATTACH]

I forgot to hold my phone horizontally, so the photos loaded sideways. QB always turns vertical photos sideways.

And I don't remember if I shared this one with y'all... made from a picture on Pinterest. It's a lap quilt size and will be donated.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]573990[/ATTACH]

So you see I really AM trying to use up my squares. But I could make these two quilts ten times and not use all I have! Every time I cut up scraps, I end up with a new stack of them. They are relentless.
Attached Thumbnails img_2299-small-.jpg   img_2300-small-.jpg   img_2300-small-.jpg   img_2298-small-.jpg