View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 12:53 PM
JBeez63

Default NW Ohio Quilting Newbie

Hello! I'm Jeanne, from NW Ohio just below Toledo. I actually live in the town that spawned Electric Quilt! While researching a new machine that would allow me to continue to sew garments and offer lots of quilting tools, this board popped up and I bookmarked it for future use. Now, here I am!

My general sewing background is long: began in childhood, made clothing in Home Ec, took a couple of fashion design/flat pattern courses in college, and worked in alterations for a year. My focus on fibers falls into both the crafting and artistic sense, in that I weave, knit, crochet, dye cloth and yarn, design things, that sort of thing. I love using fiber as a form of creative expression, but I also love to sew clothing for myself that actually fits me, and items for my home.

Quilting is yet another extension of that, and it's quickly becoming an obsession (like I need another one, LOL). I was surprised to find out how much the precision of cutting the pieces relates back to my college Graphic Design studies, cutting masks and friskets and such.

I'm glad to be here, and looking forward to learning from all of you.