Thread: Qui8lting Hoop
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 03:39 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

There's only one lap hoop on the graceframe.com site. It is wood and it's on sale for $97, if that helps. The other hoop further down on that page, on the right, is a floor hoop.

I don't have this specific hoop, but it's very similar to the one I have, which does sit comfortably in my lap -- not too big, not too small, not too heavy. My hoop is round, but I actually think the Grace square hoop would be easier to use than mine (which has only one screw). My hoop swivels on a wooden ball, but the Grace hoop is very similar in that you can change the tilt and angle quickly and easily by loosening, adjusting, and then tightening the knob.

I notice that the photo has the quilt hooped too tightly. You really want a "fist" size of give in the middle of the hoop so you can manipulate the quilt as well as the needle.

Grace has tweaked this design a number of times. This is their latest and appears to me to be the best so far. If you Google, there are reviews of this Grace lap hoop online. I found only one negative review, and the complaint in that review didn't make sense to me.