View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 05:30 AM
cathyvv

Default Been busy the last month or so

I think that my fibro and other chronic pain issues are sort of quiet now, so have taken full advantage of that. Charity quilts below. They were fun to make - low effort but maximum cuteness factor!

The Elmo quilt was inspired by two 7"+/- WOF strips left over from a day of guild pillow case kit making. Elmo is so cute, I just couldn't let him go in the scrap bag!

Found the blue fabric at home in some large scraps I bought at a quilt show. The stripe outer border is from Hobby Lobby. I rejected it during one trip to HL, got the Elmo center done and KNEW I had to go back and get it. Love how it looks on this quilt.

The Back of Elmo quilt is a black alphabet fabric because Elmo, Alphabet and
Sesame Street go so well together. And it's educational!

Thomas the Train (aka TTT)- Panels were on sale in WM and I bought 3.

Two are finished. I expanded the panel with a black border and the stripe fabric from HL. Love that stripe, because it really adds to this quilt. The back is a Connecting Threads Christmas fabric called Snowflakes I bought about 7 years ago. I put some leftovers from another TTT quilt into the backing. Looks cool to me.
Attached Thumbnails elmo-quilt.jpg   elmo-back.jpg   thomas-train.jpg   hobbies-collide-1.jpg  

Last edited by cathyvv; 06-04-2017 at 05:44 AM.