Old 06-06-2017, 06:46 AM
Diannia

Default Paris Rendevous Quilt Top for Granddaughter

I bought a quilt kit for the Paris Rendevous quilt a while back at a quilt show. I wanted to make it for one of my granddaughters that loves the Paris theme and has her room done in it (she's 11). Anyway, I didn't really like the borders, once I got home and really looked at the pattern. Because of this it's just sat in a drawer. Fast forward to last month when a lady on a quilting group I'm in came up w/a UFO challenge. We list 12 UFO's we want to work on and once a month she pulls a number out of a bag and that UFO is what we work on that month...this month was the Paris Rendevous quilt for me! I went online and found a simpler free pattern for the panel that I liked and did it that way! I even went on YouTube and learned to miter the corners!!! I'm happy w/this and even happier it's ready for the next step of quilting it! Each month I listed 1 sewing project and 1 quilting project so when #11 is pulled this will be quilted (unless it gets too close to Christmas, then I'll have to adjust my list...lol). Anyway this is a fun way to get some UFO's done!
Attached Thumbnails img_4998.jpg