View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 07:38 PM
Barb_MO

I had never know Robert Kaufmann's Kona Cotton to be listed as Kona Cotton Broadcloth before, but did a search and found it listed a lot of sites. Sure doesn't feel like broadcloth to me. I try to us Kona Cotton whenever I use black.

Originally Posted by mountainwoman View Post
You know, your comments in regards to the weight of Kona fabrics is interesting. I have two experiences with Kona: I ordered a Kona fabric from Fabric.com in a light pink; it was somewhat thin but worked well. I purchased Kona steel-gray from JoAnn's, and it was considerably heavier than what I had previously bought. BOTH of these purchases said "Kona Cotton Broadcloth," and both were used as backing. So, I am really confused about the term "broadcloth," since I was not specifically looking for that. I have researched and cannot find out if Kona 100% cotton fabric and Kona 100% Cotton Broadcloth are EXACTLY the same fabric. Does anyone know? Anyway, the pink worked well, and for that matter, so did the heavier gray, but I would not have wanted to use the grey with some of the "gentler" fabrics I use -Moda, Wilmington, etc. Also, the Kona grey unraveled a lot, so much so that I will be using the leftover in a rag quilt -a quilt I have to date always used only flannels. As for fading or running, I prewashed both, and I had no problem.