View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 01:50 PM
Just Jan

Since I am now caught up with one block for each month, I have decided to go back and make the second block for each month. I tried a new block the other day. Its not in the bee but since I made it from batik scraps I'm going to leave it in the mix. Today I made my second block for January called Spinning Blades. Got some new batiks this week and my fingers were itchin' for stitchin' so I just had to go fondle fabric and make my new block. I hope you enjoy looking as much as I enjoyed making them. Its sooooo good to be back in my sewing area again! Had my Dr. visit (6 wks post surgery) this Wednesday, and got excellent news. My cancer count was 250 when he operated and yesterday it was down to 15! Much, much better than I could have hoped for! I also got permission to drive locally now, as long as I am not taking any meds that day! I am still on Chemo for about the next four months. Paintmejudy had posted a request for donation quilts for the Chemo Center when I first got sick, and we were able to donate 14 quilts total. I'm hoping I can start making more myself to donate soon. They sure need them! Anyway, here are my two latest blocks. The first I named Propeller Blades and the second is January's Spinning Blades.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]574377[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]574376[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails spinning-blades-january.jpg   propeller-blades-extra.jpg