View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 01:35 PM
Tippysmom

Oh, gee, I took a beginning quilting class in August 2012 (we did a wall hanging) and decided that I would make a quilt for my great-granddaughter for Christmas. The fabric, I decided, would have to be by Richard Scarry since my granddaughters loved his books and I thought the little characters were so endearing.

i ordered the fabrics, lots of them, and decided an alphabet quilt would be just the thing! Dummy me, I just dove in and started sewing them together, no pattern involved. Probably the craziest thing I've ever done, but I just kept on going. My then-to-be husband was away for the entire month of November, working for FEMA after Hurricane Sandy in NYC. It was just me, 4 dogs, 2 cats, and my sewing machine, so I had plenty of time to do it.

i was determined to get it done and have it quilted by a pro, and I'm so glad I did. It wasn't perfect, but it looked 100% better with the beautiful quilting! When I sent the quilt I enclosed a note saying that it was my first and to please be kind.

They loved it!
Attached Thumbnails img_0114.jpg