View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 06:03 PM
AnnieQuilts

And there's always Project Linus that helps children (up to 18 yrs) in all kinds of bad situations beyond their control.
The chapter here especially needs quilts for older kids, and I expect that's typical.

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Jaba, you were asking about places to donate quilts......Have you checked with local refugee programs? So often these folks quietly go without bedding or bed for that matter. I am planning on giving mine to a site in St. Louis call Oasis International Ministries. They have a 10 year track record of helping locate housing, job training, teaching English and assisting the whole family get comfortable in a new country and culture. My understanding is that refugees are newly vetted families who have come to the US with little or nothing of their own possessions. I just sent them an email asking if they would accept new quilts. If not, I know of a local church in my city that is assisting in a similar way but on a much smaller scale. My brother and sister-in-law are tutoring the children of a Syrian family with English so they can succeed in school.