View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 08:21 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I started going through my closet and have been quilting like crazy to get all of these UFO's finished. I have about 6-7 quilts that are made with these candies....all pieced....just laying there waiting to be quilted and finished. Anyone know of donation places to send them???? I've run out of organizations here.....they still have some ready to be put to use. My house is over flowing
Hi Jaba,
I always advocate donating locally, but if you are willing to ship them, I can give them to my group, Love, Piece and Joy Quilters of First Baptist Church, Florence MS. We provide quilts to the local hospital for organ transplant patients (people with longer hospital stays), and also provide for a local children's shelter run by the church. The quilts are handled amazingly well.... never just given out 'willy-nilly'. Each quilt is matched to the right person. Our leader has long standing relationships with the coordinators in both places, and they are as careful in giving our quilts as we would be. Most of the quilts I make end up donated this way.