View Single Post
Old 06-13-2017, 08:28 PM
Wonnie

I have the Baby Lock Quilters Choice, not the Elligante. I detached the cords to take it in to have it cleaned at the end of the first year under warranty. I was told by removing the plug, which enabled me to get it into my case,I had done something to the wire inside (?) and it cost me a lot of money to get it repaired . Now, 3 yrs. later, I took it in to another service center because the feed dog switch refused to move right or left and the automatic threader no longer worked. He repaired the feed dog problem, cleaned it, told me I could remove the plug at any time and couldn't understand why I was told I couldn't but told me Baby Lock refused to send parts to any service centers and that I would have to go to a Baby Lock dealer to get the automatic threader wire repaired. Doesn't mean you would have any problems, of course, and the Elegante is a much more expensive machine so these issues may not be a problem. I'm assuming you live within driving distance to a Baby Lock dealer because, for me, the closest ones were over 50 miles away making it a 100 plus mile trip. Good Luck.! Mine may just have been a lemon but I thought I should mention it anyway.

Last edited by Wonnie; 06-13-2017 at 08:35 PM. Reason: error