View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 06:24 AM
NanaCsews2

I have the Ellegante BLG. Love it! Bought it as a demo model in 2009 from a quilt shop that closed months afterward so had no lessons etc. Came with an upgrade that made it similar to Ellegante 2. But they were fantastic about calls and emails afterward. I didn't use it for awhile after getting it. Cost $3500 at the time, and I had issues with an expense that large for our family-but DH insisted I get it. Lucky me. The threader began to have issues and since I got the full gold warranty with the purchase, we drove it down to the quilt shop 65 miles away, and they sent it to Babylock. Got it back all perfect and worked fine until 2 years ago when I took it in to my LQS (which now sells Babylock and Bernina) for yearly servicing. The threader again was bent somehow, and the service guy replaced it. He told me the machine is a workhorse and it will only need minor repairs in the next 30 years. It embroiders beautifully, sews smoothly, is quiet still, and I am no longer afraid of it. I have sewn queen size quilts on it, plenty of princess dress up clothes, costumes, baby stuff, repaired stacks of jeans and whatnot, made blouses, sewn leather, etc. Definately a workhorse and easy to embroider with. Free updates on Babylock site. Just keep in mind, the lighting is very poor on those early Babylocks. I attached a light to the machine and have another sitting on the table. She was worth every penny. Just wish I had more time to spend using her.