Old 06-15-2017, 01:33 PM
Janice McC

Klaws, Questions are welcome!

You can send any fabric you like as long as it is 100 percent cotton. Please send at least one F8. If you wish to send some additional, that's ok too.

As for the size, once fabric is washed and the selvages removed, hardly anyone gets 8 full fat eighths out of what used to be a full yard. Some fabric really shrinks a lot, others not so much. The goal is to get as close to 11x18 inches but they're often somewhat smaller. What I will do if I have extra is to cut 18 inch lengths and fold in fourths to see how wide each piece will be. If they're under ten inches, I'll cut three 11 inch pieces for the swap and save the fourth smaller piece for my own use. If you don't have extra, go with cutting that 18 inch piece in quarters. Just please don't measure and cut with the selvages on. If the piece is small and the selvage wide, suddenly the usable piece can end up being 9 inches wide. One time we had eight inches. That's just too small.

Hope that wasnt too confusing.

Also, for the newbies, as a rule, we keep the remnants of the f8s we receive once the block has been made. There have been exceptions but please don't plan to get the remnants back unless you ask for them. And you may ask for them back but sometimes people forget to return them.

Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I started cutting and preparing my fabric and ended up with only 18 pieces. One piece is 11x17 1/2 instead of 11x18. I hope that isn't a problem. I don't think that half inch will make a difference. If there will be 20 in the 3 month group, I will have to send a different piece of fabric. Can I possibly send one 11x18 piece of plain bright fabric and several 11x4 pieces of the stripe fabric to go with it? Is that asking too much or should I just stick with a different piece? Sorry about all the questions.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 12-10-2017 at 04:09 AM. Reason: shouting/all CAPS