Old 06-15-2017, 06:39 PM
Janice McC

Sorry, I didn't fully answer the question. I do a lot of responding on the fly and miss the gist of some things. Back to this post. I usually buy new fabric for MY F8s that I send out. I do try to use my stash when making blocks for the other members. I have increased my supply of tone on tones and blenders but occasionally I will go out and purchase a fat quarter or two if what I have doesn't coordinate well enough for my taste. While I prefer to keep costs down, if you don't have a good coordinating fabric, it is best to try to find one at your LQS or Joann or whatever place you have near you. Most boomers will request certain colors be used and we try to respect and accommodate those wishes within reason. Keep in mind however, that sometimes you will ask for certain colors and your request will be misunderstood or inadvertently missed. Stuff happens but we try our best to make blocks that will suit you.
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Great question! I usually buy something new for the boom but twice I've pulled from my stash. My stash isn't very large so I'm limited there. I love scrappy more than anything so I also have lots of scraps. As for prewashing, I don't wash for myself as a rule but for the boom I do. Yardage is easy but smaller pieces I will figure the amount I need, add a little for shrinkage and then handwash those pieces to use in boomer's blocks.