View Single Post
Old 06-16-2017, 01:32 PM
Susanb

Unhappy Clover Chaco Liner

Help! I used the yellow Clover Chalk powder and roller to mark quilting lines on my quilt. After quilting, I couldn't brush the chalk out, so I washed the quilt in cold water. Still the chalk lines persisted, so I sprayed all quilting lines with Oxy Clean Laundry Stain Remover and again washed in cold water. The yellow lines were still there. I contacted Clover-USA. They recommended spraying the quilt with a mixture of water and white vinegar (5 parts water to 2 parts vinegar) and washing again. I did this - twice! Still the yellow lines persisted. I contacted Clover-USA again. This time they recommended Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I spent 45 minutes rubbing the eraser over the quilt lines, then washed the quilt for the 5th time. Still the blasted chalk lines won't go away. They are very visible on the white fabric, but also visible on the blue and orange as well.

Does anyone have any ideas that can help me get the yellow chalk lines out? I'm at my wits end, as I have close to a $100.00 in materials and over 30 hours of work in this quilt that will all go to waste if I can't remove these yellow lines. Begging for help! Thank you.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-16-2017 at 02:07 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all CAPS