Old 06-18-2017, 03:57 PM
Geri B

Originally Posted by quiltingbuddy View Post
I have not made a DWR quilt nor do I want to because of my lack of FMQ skills so I don't know anything about any of the processes. I do want to say how much I love them though and appreciate the work that goes into them. This one by luvstoquilt301 is spectacular!

In the fusible one you are talking about...what fuses to what? Is it done as QAYG?
Quilting buddy----FMQ skill weak or strong should not deter you from trying something new........the modern quilt world is full of just horizontal/vertical straight line quilting.......

the fusible interfacing is sewn onto the either pieced or one fab arc--then turned right side out and fused onto the background square, and then secured either with a tiny zig-zag and invisible thread or blanket stitch...this way eliminating sewing melons and centers of the DWR.......
the best thing would be for you to go toYouTube-quilt in a day, and watch EB demo.....

i have jumped ahead of the workshop and cut the wedges for the arcs today and actually sewed three together...tomorrow, Ill dothe Quiltsmart interfacing part! This will be a tablerunner.....