Old 06-19-2017, 05:22 AM
JustAbitCrazy

Default Make your rulers, templates absolutely non slip!

I went to a quilt show a couple of days ago, and a vendor was selling a 1" x13" piece of a non slip tape for $3.49, and I bought it. I figured I could probably buy it cheaper at Lowe's, but I might forget the name of it, so I just bought it. I am glad I did, because it looks like Lowe's doesn't have it. This stuff works GREAT, better than the clear film sold for the backs or rulers, better than sandpaper. It's called 3M Safety-Walk clear tape. You can cut the 1" width into three thin strips and stick it to the underside of your ruler an eighth of an inch or so from the cutting edge. You can also place small pieces in the corners of rulers. This stuff is made for inside bathtubs, boats, and on stair treads, so it really works. It comes in colors, but for your rulers you want the clear tape. Cut it with your worst scissors, because after you are done whatever ones you use will BE your worst scissors. I looked online and a 1" x 60' roll of it costs anywhere from $27.75 (Amazon) to $30.53 (Walmart) and up, so you might want to get together with a couple of quilter friends and share a roll. I think this 13 inch piece will do most of my rulers if I put small pieces in the corners instead of long strips along the edges, so I'm still glad I bought it from the vendor. Kept me from spending $30 on a whole roll, anyway. Try it, you'll love it!