View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 07:31 AM
amchance

Default Can someone help me price a machine?

Hello out there!

I am not a quilter but my mother was, and when she passed away she left me two of her machines. One of them is tiny and basic, so I have it stashed in a closet just in case I ever need one. The other is definitely beyond anything I would ever want or need, so I've just kept it in the guest bedroom for the past 2 years. Now we're trying to clean out/downsize and I decided it's time to let it go. The problem is that I have no clue what it is worth and can't really find any others online to compare. It also has a TON of accessories with it (this was my mom's travel machine/bag so it's got pretty much everything she needed, I'm guessing) and I'm not sure what kind of value those add, either.

Mostly I'd just like for my mom's stuff to find it's way into the hands of someone who will use and appreciate it, but I also don't want to just give it away (that was not her way ). Is there anyone out there that can help me get an idea for a fair price so I can try to advertise it locally?

Not sure if I'm allowed to post more details publicly on this forum or not, and I honestly I don't even know what all of the stuff in the bag IS, but I do have pictures of everything. If I can post details here, let me know, if not I can send specifics privately to anyone who is willing to help me get a ballpark price on it! Thanks in advance!