View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 05:09 AM
vicki reno

It seems that most of the WM's in the Raleigh area are getting rid of their fabric dept. My daughter went to a few in surrounding towns and she said that most of the fabric was already gone. Sad isn't it, with quilts becoming more and more popular that ists getting harder and harder to find affordable fabric. I don't like the service at Wal Mart but will shop thee if the fabric is a good price. I am not real crazy about the kind of service or price at the fabric stores either. Went to Joannes last week, same old tired fabric that they have always had. They need some new designs or designers either way. The calico was 3.99, marked down 30%, but I was hard pressed to find some colors and/or designs that I really liked. And since most of what I make is given away to others, I really want affordable prices and good quality. I guess nowadays that might be a bit too much to expect. LIke everyone said its all about their huge profits and nothing else. But what goes around comes around and maybe us quilters will rule and they will realize the bottom line isn't as nice as it use to be once we aren't there anymore. How many of us have gone for fabric and gone out with 6 or 7 other things that we thought of while in the store? Well, I can probably get the other things elsewhere if there isn't any fabric to go look at in Wal Mart.
Okay, stepping off my soap box and clamping my lips together. LOL Enough from me!!!!