View Single Post
Old 06-25-2017, 06:54 AM
Cornerstone quilter

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
I have been gifted a pair of very expensive custom curtains. They are practically brand new but they are also 14 foot long if they are an inch! The backing is 100% cotton sateen and the inner lining is 100% heavy cotton flannel. The curtain fabric is a beige polyester moire satin. One panel is wide enough to cover my queen size bed with a 15 inch + drop on each side of the bed. Of course given the length I will have plenty of fabric for the pillow tuck at the top. My questions are: would a long arm quilter be able to quilt it into a whole cloth type quilt for me, and would you replace the flannel with quilt batting?

I will still have the other panel to harvest fabric from to make a bed skirt. I am going to save the sateen from it for quilt backings. As for the flannel inner lining, I am thinking of turning it into receiving blankets for the local women's shelter.
I like your thinking...repurpose is the phrase these days... not wasting is my phrase and creativity...love it.
A LAer could do it if it's not too wide for her table...the widest table, I believe, is 14 feet. You would have to ask specifically about the width...length is no problem.