Old 06-25-2017, 10:26 AM
Watson

Default Sometimes You Just Say a Little Prayer....

...and pray it works.

My friend wants a Christmas tree skirt and chose a pattern off the internet that you print off.

From the beginning I had my doubts. Looking at it, it just didn't seem like it was going to work. There seemed to be a huge opening, rather than a smooth circle. Even after sewing the pieces together, which I had to do creatively because the directions didn't make sense, it didn't look like it would work. But my friend had chosen the fabrics so I was going to make it work. I was brainstorming some ideas on how I was going to make a flap to fill in the gap at the back of the tree. She chose a paisley FMQ (gulp) for the panels and away I went, hoping all these hours weren't in vain.

Well, I just finished the quilting and cut it out and although I haven't bound it yet, I put it on an upturned bowl in place of a Christmas tree stand...and it works. Whew! No gap. Don't know why, because there sure was a gap when it was just a top, but I'm not going to question. I'll just give thanks for small miracles.

Watson