View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 01:41 AM
Sandee S.

Default Sewing machine not stitching

Hi Y'all,
First time posting on here, and I'm a new quilter. So, here's the deal, when I am trying to quilt, my machine will either just "flap" on top and not stitch anything or it will lay thread across the top of my fabric and stitch once or twice. When I go back over the spot it didn't stitch it will sew 70% of the time. Eye roll. It's driving me crazy. I have a Brother XR3774 (not a high end, didn't realize I would delve into quilting) Side note: my needle has been losing the thread a lot it seems.
I have tried the following;
Checked my bobbin installed correctly.
Checked bobbin tension (or what someone online said to try) Shook it gently fell about an inch.
Made sure top thread is correct (and rethreaded many times)
Using good thread 50 wt Aurifil & connecting thread (mainly Aurifil)
Have taken my tension dial from one end to the other (no difference either way, or in the middle of the dial)
Moved my stitch length from one end to the other end of the dial as well in the middle too.
Moved my stitch width (I think that is what it's called) same as above
I've checked my needle and just recently replaced it, and it's installed correctly.
I'm at a loss, and it's becoming extremely frustrating.
I tried to upload a picture of my first completed quilt but upload of file failed. Eye roll, Uggghh doesn't surprise me. LOL
Any help that y'all can give would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Pssst..... Electronic items can just LQQK at me and decide not to work (totally serious)