Old 06-26-2017, 05:33 AM
redstilettos

Good morning, ladies,

I have received a fair number of emails from swappers concerned about the fabrics they want to swap, so I am going to try to clarify what is can acceptable swap fabric. (okay, I can HEAR you groaning....LOL).

There are some traditional "quilting rules" about color many of you hold near and dear to your hearts. Me? not so much...if I like the color, I use it, regardless of rules. Yes....I'm a rebel that way.

For example, we are swapping "purples". One of the quilting color rules is if the fabric has a white background with a purple design, it would be considered a "white". But for the color swaps I am putting together, I am only asking that 80% of the 5" square has purple in it. This would mean your design, while not technically a "purple" because it is on a white background, would be acceptable for this swap.

I am rule-bending because, like many of you, I like to mix and match but still want a basic color theme. So to have lights and darks is very acceptable to me, and I hope it is to everyone swapping, too. There may be some who will drop out of my swaps because they are much more advanced with color than I am, but I hope not too many.

As a conservative mid-west girl, I love being able to finally bend a rule and not get "too caught" (hehehe). I hope I can sway my friends here on the board to be rule-benders with me, because....quite frankly.....being naughty is no fun when you are alone.

If anyone has questions or concerns, please PM me.....I try to respond quickly.

Okay......Who wants to be a Rebel Rule Bender with me?!?!
Chris