View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 06:19 AM
redstilettos

Just a quick shout out to all my friends here on the Birthday Swap board:

I was putzing around with my candies this weekend (is it wrong I pet them fondly?), and decided I would use some of the brown ones to make an acorn. At least that was my attempt. I thought it would be cute to have it above the toilet in my bathroom at the cabin. I think it is turning out kinda cute!

Then I was looking at the stack of pink ones and decided I would make a 9-patch just for the fun of it. Well...it was adorable, and I liked how it popped in my sewing room....so I kept going.....and going....so now I have enough of them to connect. At first I thought a simple wall hanging, and then I decided I would make a sewing machine cover. I love how they all mixed together. Looks festive!

Thank you SO much to everyone who sent in your candies for my birthday. I am having a really good time with them all. (and I have learned....even ones I didn't originally care for, are quickly becoming my favorites as they get added to actual items!)

Also: To the one who sent me the square with the woman flexing her biceps and saying "Keep On Quilting"...I plan on making sure that one ends up in the middle of the "fabric" I am sewing together so it's front-and-center in the middle of my new sewing machine cover

TOOOOO much fun!
Attached Thumbnails img_0812.jpg