View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 09:04 AM
Mitch's mom

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
That sounds really nice! Is it heavy drapery fabric or washable chintz? With my three dogs, I can't do anything that isn't washable. I never know what is going to end up on the bed! I know what you mean about a ton of fabric. My last house had 12 ft ceilings and a huge window in the front room. I made the drapes for that room and I measured and calculated about 3 times. I couldn't believe how much fabric it was going to take. And I didn't even hang mine from the ceiling. Just from the top of the window! That's why I headed to the discount interior fabric store. Heavy chintz for $5.99/yard

Post pics when you get it done!
I am going to say it is washable, or it will be once I am finished. I am going to take everything apart, serge the edges to stabilize the fabric then take the whole kit-n-kaboodle to the laundromat to wash it and dry it. If it survives that, it will survive anything.

Before I start tearing things apart I will spread it out on the bed for the before picture and post it. I am thinking I would like it quilted with a dark brown or navy blue thread. I am going to call a long arm quilter in the next town over to see if he can do it and get started. I can't let them sit around the house taking up space - they fill a 55 gallon drum size trash bag!