View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 03:38 PM
bkay

The poster did not say exactly what they were trying to do and with what. To some degree, everyone is shooting in the dark. So, lets ask.

So, Sandee, are sewing together pieces of fabric to make a quilt top or are you putting together your top, your batting and your backing and sewing it together?

Assuming you are putting the three layers together and attempting to quilt them, how do you want it to happen? Are you trying to sew a random pattern? If so, what kind of foot are you using? Have you dropped the feed dogs? If you are trying to sew straight lines, are you using a quilting foot, or are you attempting to do it with a regular sewing foot?

All of these questions make a difference in the answer.

Can you help us a little more with the details of the problem and we might be able to give a better answer.

By the way, yesterday was one of those electronic nightmare days for me. My printer died, but not gracefully. It kept acting like it would work. All the diagnostics said there was nothing wrong. It just didn't work. Then my ethernet wouldn't work. It seems like electronically, when it rains it pours. We all have those days. Maybe you've had more than your share lately. Hopefully, it will improve. My grandmother was a woman full of "sayings". (She was born abt. 1890.) She had one for everything. One of my favorites was, "God never gives you more than you can handle". I always realize she was right, but sometimes, it's the next day.

bkay