View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 02:47 AM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by ButtonPatty
I agree this is absolutely gorgeous and, I too would be interested in how they are sewn together. If the paper is left in? I love this pattern, never gotten the gumption to try one. Love it!!!!
Yes the paper is left in until the hexie is surrounded on all sides with other hexies. Once that happens you can pull th epaper out from the surrounded hexi but you have to leave it in in any hexies that are not surrounded for stabilization of hexies you'll be attaching to it. I hope that makes sense!! So on the big piece I have already put together, only the hexies on teh outside edge have their paper still any, all the interior hexies have no paper. And the great thing it, sometimes as you're sewing you have to fudge a little to get the edges to match up, but once the paper is finally out, it kind of adjust itself to compensate for your fudging and just looks beautiful! :)

I have made 2 more flowers and added 2 flowers to the big piece itself. I am going to focus on getting as much added to the big piece as I can right now, then I will finsih making the flowers themselves I think.

Cheers!
Rachel