View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 07:25 AM
bkay

I'm not sure where my trouble was. I just kept redoing everything between the needle and the cam stack. I had cleaned everything again and the needle bar was behaving correctly. I left it to dry and came back and oiled it again. I did not check the cams stack, though, because it had been loose and working correctly. I put the whole thing back together and started sewing. It worked fine until I started turning knobs. The "push" knob wouldn't turn. So, I took the top off and oiled those again and it worked correctly. It produces all of the patterns now. They don't look exactly right, (too long), so I am now going to read the operator's manual.

I learned something else yesterday. The 601 is pretty much the same machine as the 401. I bought one a few months ago at an estate sale without knowing there was a difference between the 601 auto-reel and the 601 touch and sew. This one is an auto-reel, with a touch and sew label pasted on it. Apparently, the auto-reel is a real mess. It will be my next project. It may end up a parts machine, though.

Thanks again for all your help.

bkay