View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 05:19 AM
Shelbie

I've made Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls for more than thirty years and mine always have a heart. The pattern I've used is an ancient McCalls one and the dolls come in 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 inch sizes. I've made the 15 and 20 inch sizes most frequently. I often dress Andy in denim overalls and a plaid shirt. I think the pattern envelope shows him in a blue striped shirt. My pattern also shows the leg piece in upper and lower legs. I usually just put the striped fabric in the lower leg and use body fabric for the upper leg. I also stitch across the leg about in the middle to create a knee for bending. I also sew my yarn hair right on the doll's head using rows of loops starting around the face and working back row by row no more than a 1/2' apart. The rows eventually change from being semi-circular to being short horizontal rows, I just like my dolls to have a full head of hair. I've given dozens of these dolls away and now my 27 year old daughter is requesting them to give to all her friend's new little ones. I make other dolls too but these remain my favourites.