Thread: snail trail?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 07:49 AM
elnan

Originally Posted by quiltlady1941 View Post
I just watched Jenny from Missouri Star quilt company do a tutorial on the snail trail quilt block, I was wondering how hard this quilt is. I need quilt for a Wedding that is in four weeks. Do you think I could get this quilt done by them?

It looks easy but then when Jenny does any quilt it looks easy, haha..It looks like it is put together like a log cabin block as you keep adding to all sides. There doesn't look like there are a lot of seams to match just the four patch. What are your thoughts on this. Should I make this quilt or look for a different one. I could spend a lot of time sewing as no one is around just me so can sew as much as I want ..Thanks
You have already used up one of those days since starting this thread. Have you bought your fabric? Will you be doing the quilting on it, the binding? Will you wash the quilt before presenting it? How long do you estimate for each of those steps. If you intend to hire someone else to do the quilting, it may be a good idea to quiz that person on what their schedule is. A lot of longarmmers are bogged down right now with last-minute orders to prepare a quilt to display in the county fair.
Have you sewn one block and timed yourself from cutting to square-up? How many blocks will this quilt need?
Years ago when I married, an older friend told me that with wedding gifts, you could take up to a year to present an item to the couple.
Disappearing four-patch is an eye-catching pattern, which I have seen in a rich brown and soft caramel colors.