Old 07-02-2017, 06:25 AM
linda8450

I have only been quilting a few years (sewing for 70 years) but I do love it. I, like you, have had time to ponder my likes and dislikes, and it seems I am on that same track.

I HATE little pieces!! I once won a bundle of 2" blocks and promptly handed them to the first person that went ooooooooo! Ever since then, my guild members have teased me and ask if I want little pieces. I don't even like to see the quilts with little pieces! I just don't see the beauty.

I can't get into paper piecing, too fiddley, for me (those small pieces again).

I do admire new techniques, they are not always for me, but I love a new way to do something! I have "birthed" a quilt, and would do it again for baby quick projects, but I am not a fan.

Panels are my new passion, I can add a border and have a quick gift. I have cut some panels in different ways to make them more interesting. I like that the scene is there, even if it is obscured by my piecing.

I love all the rulers that are available, but I stick with a few staples, I like to use my 6 1/2" for cutting borders, no thinking required! I have the Shape Cutter (for strips ) and love it. I wouldn't ever want to cut binding strips without it.

I learn so much from this board. I don't know how much I don't know, so it is good to lurk here and not have to ask "stupid" questions (that everyone knows the answer but you). I sound so much more informed when I go to guild!

I do alterations now for some extra $$, but my sewing from scratch days are over since I discovered quilting! I do enjoy making tops, but have to admit I can't seem to get FMQ down. So I quilt by checkbook. But the design, creation, color choices and accomplishments are all mine!