View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 05:23 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by JJBlaine View Post
My trouble with the pounce pad was keeping the marked lines from disappearing.while I am hand quilting. Now, after marking, I spritz with a little hair spray after marking just to "set" the chalk. I've had no trouble with the lines coming out in the wash.
Great tip, I'll have to try this. I have the blue and the white chalk, so far only tried blue. I get it onto the fabric fine (after lots and lots of pounding, it's finally coming through nicely) but when I start to sew all the blue lines just vibrate away!

I might try the chalk-in-a-baggie idea too; that sounds pretty easy.

Press-n-seal works OK for me as long as it's not a design that involves a lot of backtracking. Once I've gone over a line of stitches more than once, it's a nightmare to pick all those little shreds of plastic out of the stitches.

My normal go-to for marking is the blue water-erase pens, but I have come *this close* to forgetting and ironing those lines in, I figure it's only a matter of time before I forget and screw that up, and I'm betting it'll be on something important... Plus those markers don't work with all those nice mesh stencils that I've invested so much in!