View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 06:40 AM
Marlenab

Hi everyone! This is my first Boom and I'm super excited about it. Just bought myself a long arm machine a few weeks ago. I have wanted one for probably close to 25 years. So....as you can imagine....I've been practicing my free motion quilting skills daily. I have about 12 quilt tops I have made over the past 20+ years that I never took to get quilted. Looks like I now get the quilt them myself! Then my Mom calls me last week and asks me to quilt a christmas quilt for her. It was started by my sister's mother-in-law. Her mother-in-law passed away several years ago leaving the quilt top unfinished. My Mom decided to finish the quilt top for my sister. Now I get the privilege of quilting it. I'm excited....but nervous.
This weekend was tied up with our family 4th celebration. Had my kids and grandkids over for pool party and BBQ. It was awesome! But now that it's done I can focus on getting my fabric ready for all you wonderful boomers. It's washed and ready to be pressed and cut. Should be able to mail within the next couple days. Can't wait to get started making everyone's blocks.