View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 08:27 AM
Barb in Louisiana

Originally Posted by JayneW View Post
Happy "almost" 4th of July! I'm home alone for the week as my husband is on a rafting trip in Idaho. I am teaching summer school so I was not able to go. The good part is I have lots of quilting time! Here is my first block. I really struggled with the flying geese as I have never made them with triangles before. (I always use squares). Any thoughts? Other than one missing point, I'm satisfied and excited to make more! I'm thinking I'm going to use all shades of blue and make a "picnic" blanked. Maybe add some red cornerstones in the sashing... but seeing how I only have one block so far, I have plenty of time to think about that!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]575769[/ATTACH]
Welcome. I think the block looks good. The blues will make a pretty quilt. I am a bad person at not following directions. I do my FG with squares no matter what the directions say. Now I may end up with the quilt police after me. In fact, I should admit that I redraw the blocks in EQ and use my colors in them. Sometimes, I omit seams....oh no!!! But I like what I have done so far.

Last edited by Barb in Louisiana; 07-03-2017 at 08:29 AM.