View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 03:20 PM
GingerK

Quiltingshorttimer, there is a book by Brenda Esslinger and I think there are also some Ytube videos. I learned from a friend who took a class thru our Guild. I would definitely recommend starting with a smaller project. I had to mark extra reference lines and actually sometimes just flew by the seat of my pants because I could not remember which way was UP.

Nesie, I used 3 duplicates of the print and two layers of backing. So it went first layer face down and then all the others face up. I read a few tutes online and used some 505 spray plus flat head pins to hold everything in place. I decided for this project, that finished at about 8 inches square, to sew my seams 3/8 inch apart. I marked a single diagonal line, sewed along it and then continued to sew lines using my machine foot as a guide (good thing it measured 3/8 inch!!) I do not have a chenille cutter but used a sharp pointed scissors and was very careful to ONLY CUT the three top layers. I am planning on investing in a cutter because I would like to try this technique again on a larger project.

Also, if I do more hot pads, I think I would put a layer of batting between the bottom fabric and next layer.

Last edited by GingerK; 07-06-2017 at 03:29 PM.