View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 05:17 PM
RotaryQueen

Unhappy My saddest VSM story

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576270[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]576271[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]576272[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]576273[/ATTACH]This brings up a sad story. When I first started looking for a vintage machine, this one came along on CL. It was a small, handcrank, vibrating shuttle Colliers machine. My research indicated it was made in Germany in early 1900s, badged and sold by English firm, Colliers. It was so cute, had accessories including feet, shuttles and bobbins. Had a really beautiful carved and inlaid wooden case and she only wanted $35.00. I was looking for a fully functional treadlable machine and insisted I wasn't interested in collecting. That, and I found it would be very hard to replace the front shuttle cover because it was unique to that manufacturer (I can't remember the German company). So I reluctantly walked away (can you believe it!!!). NOW I want a handcrank, although I am not really into the VS machines. And the price for this beauty! I didn't take good pictures because I didn't know enough then, but here is what I have, just for the sake of posterity ;-)
The CL posting was gone the next day, of course!
Attached Thumbnails img_1720-small-.jpg   img_1719-small-.jpg   img_1718-small-.jpg   img_1716-small-.jpg