Old 07-11-2017, 06:47 AM
Just Jan

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
These are the browns I got from Thousands of Bolts. I had browns but I needed more of the darker ones. These are ok... I will use them even if I don't love them. Sorry the pic is so shadowy. I was trying to take the pic in the natural light by the window. The two on the left side look greenish but they aren't really green.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576289[/ATTACH]
I like them all but the large pink one, but I'm not a pink person and haven't seen pinks in other Civil War fabrics. I think pink colors belong in the 1900's but I could be wrong. I know 1800's have burgundy and peach. Blues I recall as being smoky and teal, so yours fits right in between and should be fine. I am still waiting for my greens to arrive. Not even sure they shipped yet! They should be more Olive and grass greens. According to history, many of the older greens became nicknamed Poinson Green because their greens faded over time due to their dying process of that era. Doubt they'd sell much now if they called it Poison Green...Olive sounds a bit nicer! I'm still sorting fabrics and having a senior moment. Can you help? What is the name of the series of fabrics that read as solids, but are swirley? All I can think of is TOT and I'm not sure that's correct. (or maybe it is?) The blues work for skies, the browns work for earth, and the pinks look like a bad skin day! lol I'm trying to label my bins and can't think of the right term.

Last edited by Just Jan; 07-11-2017 at 07:00 AM.