View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 01:35 PM
Just Jan

Originally Posted by tscweaves View Post
Whoo hoo!!! I made a 10 1/2" square block! Wow, it really does work out:-) Here is a catch-up block from January, Album Frame:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576298[/ATTACH]

I am thinking that I am going to stop using the black floral print. It just seems too jarring to my eye. Here are the blocks that I've done so far:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576299[/ATTACH]

Seeing them like that, the black floral is like a sore thumb. I might redo Auntie's Puzzle. What do you all think?
I like the paisley a lot. Just think you need to add more of the black like in the first block. That would break up the monotony of all the blue. Don't know for sure, but I think what you are calling black floral is the one showing up as gray? I like it in there. I like it a lot! Don't change any... Just add more of the solid black here and there. I would not be so bold, but you asked... and that's what I think! Stop second guessing yourself and go with the flow! Just keep those blocks in sight when you choose colors for the next blocks and you will see it all come together. Then when you get near the end if you see a block you don't like you can always remake it. You're doing fine! Janet