View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 03:31 AM
Gerbie

We are vehicle poor- I have my car, DH has his and we own two pickups one older for transporting lumber etc. and a new one well sorta, it is a 2015., but only used from time to time. I bought my first car when I was 21 and have had my own or access to one ever since. I got my Driver's license when I was 14 - I'm going to be 73 in Sept.. I have had access to a vehicle since I got my license. I thought I was going to go stark raving crazy when I broke my foot 3 yrs ago and couldn't drive I had to depend on everyone else to take me somewhere for 8 weeks. I don't know what I will do if I have to be in that situation ever again. We live in a area where there is no pubic transportation basically, except for a Sr. Citizens bus- no trains city buses and definitely no subways. We haven't had a taxi service here for at least 45 years.
We have several older people in our Church two ladies in their 90's a 97 yr.old, and 91 yr.old and a 95 yr old gentleman and several in their mid to late 80's in our Church who have their own cars and drive themselves everywhere. Everyone here has their own vehicle, or have to have someone take them where they need to go.
Towns in this area are not close to each other- wide open spaces. I feel about my car like most people do their cell phones, I don't like to leave home with out it or access to the one I am riding in.lol
I live 80 miles from the nearest fabric store.