View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 06:42 PM
Sleepy Hollow

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576440[/ATTACH]

I still need to complete the eyes and nostrils, but again, I need to learn to embroider

My mom grew up on a cattle farm and would drive cattle from a pasture in one town, to a pasture in another. By the time she was old enough to be involved they were mostly doing the drives in cars, but my uncle and some others would still be on horseback. My grampa wanted a family and to raise "pretty cows". He did. So, when I see cows, I think of my grampa, my mother's old home, and mom. She sews, so the cow is made out of sewing themed fabric. (As an aside, my grandpa also pieced blocks for quilts. He would then give them to his sister and mom to quilt. I wish I had one of his!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576441[/ATTACH]

My mom is a cat person, and my dad is more of a dog person, so the quilt is full of different dog and cat blocks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576442[/ATTACH]

My mom loves playing in the mud (aka, gardening), and insects (at least the ones that don't eat her flowers and stuff from the garden). She hasn't worn muck boots since being on the farm, but the fun wellies still remind me of her.
Attached Thumbnails cow.jpg   4p-9p-cats.jpg   4p-boots-bugs.jpg