View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 06:51 PM
Sleepy Hollow

Ok, one last set of pics for now, I'll add more later (there are over 70 blocks in the quilt, so lots to come!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576446[/ATTACH]

My dad used to compete in bbq competitions at county and state fair. Not an actual chef, but he had the hat, and when my sister and I saw this panel, we knew it was for him! (to save time, not every block was pieced. So much to include, so little time!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576444[/ATTACH]

Technically a Scotty Dog block, but in this case, it's a Mini Schnauzer. My dad loves this breed. We had one when I was little, and he finally got another after I moved out (the dog and my son shared a birthday. That's how he always remembered my son's birthday, because of the dog!)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576445[/ATTACH]

Mixing bowls. My dad mostly stayed out of the kitchen when we were growing up, but after we all moved out, he asked my mom why she wasn't baking anymore. She explained that she rarely baked, it was always "the kids" who kept the house full of fresh baked cookies, cakes, etc. So, my dad learned how to bake. And cook more. Now he does 90% of the cooking, since he is retired and enjoys it, and my mom gets to come home from work to dinner and dessert.

There is not enough contrast with the bottom bowl and the background (still learning!), so I intend to add some quilting detail there to make it stand out. Maybe I should hand applique some cookie dough in there before I finish...!
Attached Thumbnails mini-schnauzer.jpg   dishes.jpg   sleepy-chef-edited-1-.jpg  

Last edited by Sleepy Hollow; 07-13-2017 at 06:54 PM.