View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 10:54 PM
Sleepy Hollow

Glad everyone is liking the stories! I'm sure the quilt as a whole would look incredibly random without knowing some of the memories/reasons for each block

I got a few more resized...

The (food) garden!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576463[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576464[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576465[/ATTACH]

My mom has always had a garden. When she didn't have enough room at the house, she had a garden plot on a friends property a few blocks from the house, and also did a flower garden at the church. She can grow pretty much anything. They moved a few years ago to a house on about 1 1/2 acres, just so she would have a big garden. The garden takes up about 2/3 of an acre, and she'll plant 40+ tomato plants (she usually grows over 200 plants from seed and gives away the extras), peppers, onions, potatoes, corn, watermelon, cantaloupe, squash, pumpkins, cucumbers, etc, etc.

We'll usually spend a few days over the summer canning things for the winter.

I need to embroider seeds on the watermelon. Throwing myself into something and committing myself to be forced to learn a new skill is not something new for me, lol.

Sadly, I have not developed her green thumb. My house is where plants go to die, but I keep trying! I've managed to keep my mint alive! (My grandmother got the original mint plant in the sixties, my mom took a cutting, and last year I took a cutting of my mom's. I'd say Gramma got her money's worth.)
Attached Thumbnails tomato.jpg   watermelon.jpg   vegetable-basket-edited.jpg