View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 04:14 PM
Sleepy Hollow

A few more basic blocks, the fabric was the key part for these.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576606[/ATTACH]

More bugs for my mom.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576607[/ATTACH]

More farm prints. My grampa (mom's dad) raised herefords. I was so happy when I found a hereford cow print I wanted to put Grampa's brand on the cow block I posted earlier, but I can't find a photo (and we're not sure where the branding iron went, I though my brother got it, but he didn't). I should probably contact my uncle and see if he has it!

By the time I was born, most of the farm had been sold off/rented out, but they still had some cows. One morning my brother woke me up early because he had a surprise for me. I got dressed and he led me outside, behind the barn, to the old cow pen, where there was a calf.

We'd also play blind man's bluff in the cow pastures and "go exploring". When it was really hot, and they had the water that day, we'd swim in the irrigation ditch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576608[/ATTACH]

Gardening tools and more flags.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576609[/ATTACH]

"Dad blocks". I only used one of the bottom blocks, but made an extra in case I needed it. With Grampa being a cattle farmer, we were raised "to support the industry". Lots of grilled hamburgers and steaks growing up. Also, with five kids, eating out was not cheap, so we'd usually take a picnic lunch when we went places. Lots of cold fried chicken eaten in the forest.

The police cars are for my dad. I've spent more time in the back of a police car than most criminals. It's one of my "what is different about you" responses, lol.

And more baking/cooking fabrics.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576610[/ATTACH]

The red block with the animals sparked the idea for a grilling block (I'll post later). It reminded my sister of a picnic blanket.

And dogs for dad. Growing up we always had animals. Lots of cats, and at least one dog at all times. One time we were staying with my grandparents (Thanksgiving maybe?) They lived "in the middle of nowhere" and we didn't get to leave the house often. My dad decided to take us to the store with him, and as we were heading into Safeway, there were puppies at the entrance. A "quiet one" and a "noisy one". I wanted the quiet one, but I was overruled by older siblings, and we came back with a new puppy. Grandparents did not like dogs (whenever we brought ours, it had to stay outside). Mom was not thrilled. But, puppy! My sister used it as a 4H dog and it lived a long, happy life.
Attached Thumbnails 4p-bugs-orange.jpg   4ps-cows-farm-animals.jpg   4ps-garden-tools-flags.jpg   4ps-police-oven-gloves-bbq-food.jpg   4p-brown-dogs-picnic-blanket-farm-animals.jpg